Sunday, May 31, 2015

Las Vegas Bead Shop Hop Days One and Two

I'm sorry I am so slow getting this posted!  I found this draft that I wrote In October, and never posted it, because it wasn't good enough yet. I never finished it, and I won't.   I will post any old drafts with an explanation at the beginning of each. 

I feel like I've spread myself a bit too thin for the last few weeks.  Between the traveling, starting college, my phone going bad and needing to be replaced, and my poor husband breaking one of his ribs, I haven't finished a lot of the things that I had planned to accomplish.
Before I share our experiences with the Las Vegas Bead Shop Hop, I want to share that there were a couple of people who drove up from Southern California because they read my blog about their hop, and I shared that we were having a hop in Vegas.
We started the Las Vegas bead Shop Hop at our home store, Sweet Beads.  We got a charm for hopping, and an extra charm for starting our hop there.  Shae had arranged with to have a trunk show, so I spent a bunch on some pretty sparkling things that I couldn't leave on the table.  I got my friends into trouble when I found a charm of a scooter.  Heather and Kristen both ride scooters.  That's all it took.  As soon as they looked at the table, they spent a bunch as well.
We then went up to Bead Haven.  This is the first time I'd been in that store.  Gene and I both made the make and take there, and it was fun to watch Gene learn right angle weaving.  We had fun using a hammer and punch to put rivets in the leather.  It was fun.
We waited until the next morning to continue our hopping.  We started at the Gem and bead mall.  They were nice enough to give us some pretty good discounts because of the hop, and I used my daughter's membership, and the final discount was really good.  I've always thought of this store and one in Henderson as being so far away, but after hopping in California, maybe I should rethink that.  Bead Jungle was part of the hop last year, but they weren't involved this year.
Next we hit Discount beads.  I have a couple of friends who work there, and it was fun to see them.  There were some good specials on the semi-precious and mother of pearl strands, so I have lots of materials to make more earrings in the future.  They also had drawings, and we hung around for a few of them, and we didn't win any.  We wanted to do the make and take that Sweet beads had that day, so we headed over there and Gene did his second beading project ever!  We made a couple of pairs of cute pumpkin earrings!  We turned in our cards that we got stamped at each store, and got another extra charm!  Yay!
Our tiny bead shop hop may not be as huge as the Southern California Hop, but it was still great.  We don't live in an area large enough to have that many stores, but our four little stores are great!  I was there when the drawings were done for the main prizes and the Sweet Beads store prizes, and one of the people who came up to our hop from California won the grand prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment